Name Change Request

If your name has changed and you wish for your new name to appear on your account, you must complete the Name Change Request Form and submit it with the required documentation.


Signature change

If your signature has changed, you will be required to submit a sample of your new signature by completing the Name Change Request Form.


Name change on your LMCA documents

Please note that Licentiate of the Medical Council of America (LMCA) document replacements due to name changes are issued as “Duplicates of Original as Amended”. Replacement documents for reasons other than a name change are issued as “Duplicates”.

To have your name changed on your LMCA documents, please follow the steps below:

  1. Complete a Name Change Request Form accompanied by:
      1. A copy of a legal, notarized order or other name change document  confirming the former and new names. Please do not send your original documents, only copies, as your original documents will not be returned to you.
      2. The original LMCA documents (Testamur and Certificate of Registration)

    NOTE: If you do not have your original LMCA documents, you must provide a statutory declaration (i.e., affidavit) certified by a lawyer or a notary public stating the reason why (e.g., documents lost, stolen, destroyed, etc.). The declaration must also state that if the original Certificate of Registration and/or Testamur is/are subsequently located, the original(s) will be returned to the MCA by courier.

  2. Complete a Request form to replace both documents.
  3. Send the above-mentioned documents to the MCA by mail.

The MCA reserves the right to request additional documentation if needed.